1. Who we are We are The Generator Sales and Servicing Company Ltd.,. abbreviated in this document as TGSASCO. You can find out how to contact us in Section 9 below.
2. Your Privacy In the course of our dealings with you, we will collect and process personal information about you. Personal information includes any information allowing us to identify you as an individual, for example, your name, your email address or your telephone number. We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will use your personal information in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations that relate to data protection and privacy, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This document tells you:
- what personal information we collect;
- why we collect this information;
- how we will use it;
- how long we will keep it;
- who else will see it;
- how you can contact us;
- your rights in relation to the personal information that we hold, including your rights to change, delete and see your information.
3. What information do we collect? We collect the following types of information: (a) We will ask you for a number of pieces of information including: your name; your postal address; your email address; your telephone number; (b) Information we collect about how you use our website and apps: When you shop with us online, browse our websites or other organisations’ websites where our adverts are shown, or use our apps, we will collect: information about any devices you have used (including the manufacturer, model and operating system, IP address, browser type and mobile device identifiers); cookies and information about your online browsing and purchasing behaviour and history on our websites and apps, your location, your product selection, and information about when you click on one of our adverts (including those shown on other organisations’ websites); information when you write a review or ask a question or provide an answer via our Q&A section; details of your purchases with or through us; information when you “share this” product review via Facebook, Twitter, GooglePlus and other social media channels. If you register an account online with us, we may be able to link the information collected from you before registration and apply it to your registered account or future information that we collect after you have registered.
4. Why do we ask for this information? When you place an order we need your contact and payment information to enable us to take payment and fulfil your order. You can browse our website without providing us with any of this information. When you want to place an order via the website, we ask you to login or register so you can open a customer profile and upload and save images, save your browsing information and your preferences and retrieve them from any of your devices. You may also provide us with personal information via our forums, product questions and reviews, survey responses or competition entries. We will ask for or collect your information when you use our customer support services, including telephone support and instant messaging. You do not have to give us permission in order to use our website. We ask for your permission to send you marketing and promotional material using your address, telephone number, email address and SMS, so that we can send you free gifts, discount vouchers, invitations to events, special offers, market research, and other marketing material that we believe may be of interest to you. If you give permission, you will be able to withdraw it at any time by: emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or telephoning 01208832094
6. How long do we keep your personal information? We are required by law to keep your personal information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which we are using it. The period for which we keep your personal information will be determined by a number of criteria, including the purposes for which we are using the information, the amount and sensitivity of the information, the potential risk from any unauthorized use or disclosure of the information, and our legal and regulatory obligations.
8. Your rights You have the right to ask us to: Confirm what personal information we hold about you and provide you with a copy of that data; Correct any personal information that is inaccurate; Remove your personal information where there is no good reason for us to continue to hold that data; Temporarily stop using your information if you are questioning our right to use that data; Stop using your personal information unless we can demonstrate a valid reason why we need to continue to hold that data e.g. to support a product warranty; Stop using your personal information to send you marketing materials such as our catalogue, marketing email, discounts or vouchers. Provide you with the personal information that you have provided to us, in a structured and commonly-used electronic format, or transmit that information directly to another company if that is technically feasible. This applies where we are using your personal information on the basis of your consent or because it is necessary to perform a contract with you (see How do we use your personal information, above). Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we are able to disclose your personal information to you or comply with other requests. We want to make sure that the personal information we hold about you and your preferences as to how we contact you are accurate and up to date. If any of the details are incorrect, please let us know (details below) and we will amend them. You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you’re not happy with how we’ve handled your personal information. You can contact the supervisory authority at: Email: email@example.com Phone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 Post: Information Commissioner’s Office Wycliffe House Water Lane Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AF Website: www.ico.org.uk
9. How to contact us? To update your details or ask for a copy of your personal information: You can call us on: 01208 832094 or write to us at Customer Correspondence, The Genererator Sales & Servicing Company Ltd., Treliggon Farm, Lanivet. PL30 5BG. The Data Protection Officer is Stephen Rason and his email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can write to him at the address above. Further details CONTACT PAGE
10. Protecting your personal information The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure; this risk is common across the internet and not specific to our services. We cannot guarantee the security of your data (including your personal information) transmitted to our services; any transmission is at your own risk. It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computing device. Be sure to sign off and close your browser when you have finished your session. This will help to ensure that others do not access your personal information if you share your computing device or use a computing device in a public place such as a library or internet cafe. 11. Updates to this notice We may update this notice from time to time. The latest version of this notice will be posted on our website.
Strictly necessary cookies These cookies are essential for the use of the features and services on our website. If you block these cookies we cannot guarantee access to the services provided through our website or be sure how our website will perform during your visit. Examples of how we use these cookies include: Remembering which products you have placed in your shopping basket. Remembering that you are logged in to our website. Remembering information you have entered into forms on our website (so that you don’t have to re-enter this information if you use your browser’s “back” and “forward” buttons to navigate through a form).
Functional cookies Functional cookies allow our website to remember choices you make, such as your user name, log in details or language preferences, and any customisations you make to pages on our website during your visit. Examples of how we use these cookies include: Providing individual services, such as watching a video or commenting. Sharing information with our partners to provide a service on our website. The information shared is only to be used to provide the service, product or function you requested, and not for any other purpose. Remembering if we’ve already asked you if you want to fill in a survey. Remembering your location. Remembering your preferred language.
Performance and analytics cookies These cookies help us understand how people use our website. They collect information such as which pages on our website visitors go to most often, which features they use, and which websites people have visited before they visit ours. We use this information to improve our website and provide a better user experience. Examples of how we use these cookies include: Monitoring and providing statistics on how our website is used. Helping us improve our website by measuring any errors that occur. Seeing how effective adverts on our website are and trying to ensure they are as relevant as possible. Providing feedback to our affiliates, and third parties we have allowed to link to our website, regarding users accessing their sites. This information may be used by those third parties to improve their sites or services.
TGSASCO’S marketing and advertising cookies These are cookies that we use to remember which pages you’ve viewed (including which adverts you’ve been shown) on our website, and to show you adverts that we think might be of interest to you, based on your browsing history on our website. We also use these cookies to limit the number of times you’re shown a particular advert, and to follow up with you if you partially complete an order for products or registration on our website.